Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hot as balls

Brisbane has been suffering a heat wave for the last three days. Or summer just started. Something like that. And it is kicking my ass. They say a pregnant woman's body runs two degrees hotter. Add giant bloat and nausea to that and you get a woman swearing never to copulate with her husband again so long as she may still be fertile. This sucks! To add insult to injury my lovely preggified eczema is back with a vengeance. The worst thing about having a visible ailment such as eczema is the do-gooders who are sans-eczema who try and advice you on remedies to cure your eczema. Even though they don't know what the hell they're talking about. Makes me to want to scream. It's sort of like a model trying to tell a.. well me how to be attractive. It doesn't count if you don't have first hand knowledge of the ailment.

Today something really cool happened. Cool things seldom happen to me, so this really blew up my skirt. I was sitting outside the cafe finishing off my lunch when a lady walked up and asked if she could sit and talk to me for a seminar she was creating. We chatted for ten minutes or so about me, my life, my family, my hopes and dreams and plans for the future. Afterwards she shook my hand and thanked me and I got back into it at work. A little while later she came back with a gift bag full of goodies and the nicest card anyone has ever written me. Things like that just never happen! I was so touched and humbled and a little weirded out taking such gifts. My boss being the way she is went and checked the price of some of the things in the bag from the store and informed me she spent over fifty big ones.

Karma? Not sure, but I'm loving life! Not so much the sweaty heat..

No comments:

Post a Comment