Saturday, June 4, 2011

Negatives. Positives. Stevie Nicks?

Saturday has been good to me. I slept in til 8:30 this morning (with a prelude of toddler goodness at 6:30) and had a decent percentage of mama-son play time within the day. I have watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory three times today. My laundry is done and dusted for the entire week including ironing! That is a huge deal for me, and made possible thanks to a sick day on Friday.

Friday was big.

I went to the fricking dentist on Friday. For the first time since I was 14. That's ten years folks. Well, I did go in six months ago for x-rays to figure out what the problem I've been having was caused by. Yeh.. turns out there's more than 'a' problem. But I am so damned proud of myself anyway. It seems so minuscule when compared to other peoples' stuff, but I have seriously developed a full blown anxiety/phobia issue when it comes to dentists. I am so chuffed that I handled it, and did NOT spew on the dental nurse as per that time when I was 14!

Anyway, the negative that I was referring to in my title up there. My boss, we shall call him Jerkface, has gone over my head and given shifts to my hot-headed little ex-bridesmaid/ex-employee/reinstated-employee for the weekends. No amount of discussion-turned-pleading has been able to change this situation. I am at my wits end with this job. I enjoy the job; it's definitely not difficult compared to other jobs I've held and I enjoy the regularity of the money. But at the end of the day I am so frustrated with the complete lack of respect from the owners (Jerkface) that I am fighting my urge to quit every second of every day. I just don't know how much more I can take.

But, ya know. Whatever. I am getting married to a total babe in less than a month, and I have faith that the rest will fall into place. I guess I should be pleased that at the very least my mind is clear. I am happy. I am stressed to the nutballs fo sho with this bullshit job, but when I contemplate my life? Yeah, I'm happy. It'll get better. Oh and I'm banging out the Fleetwood Mac this evening, because I can.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment