Friday, September 16, 2011

I can't believe I am blogging about the weather

It is as hot as balls today.

One of the things I like about living in Brisbane, QLD is the weather; not northern enough to be too tropical, but still perfect beach/pool/water-fight weather in the warmer months, and not southern enough to really suck in the colder months. But it is only mid-September and today is hot. As balls. It's going to be 30 degrees tomorrow, which would be good if I wasn't working (and if my boss wasn't such a tight-arse with the airconditioner). I'm going to seize this warm turn and take my kiddy to the Southbank beach in the coming days, and in fact I'm going to make sure we appreciate the Southbank beach much more this summer as it was nearly gone forever after the floods.

Another reason I like living in my city is the close proximity to the ocean; 30 minutes in any easterly direction should land me at a nice body of water, and I'm digging the ocean this lifetime. I love it. I dream about it. I am convinced that I was a sailor or a fisherman in a previous life and I dream of the day when I can own a boat. It's going to be a very good hobbie because my husband won't get on it. Sorry husband, but you can be a turd sometimes and when I own my boat it is going to prove useful when we need to get out of eachother's faces. You can go off and play with the car.

So that's what's going on in my head on this sweaty day. Seriously, my thighs are starting to chafe just from swinging on this chair while I type. You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment