Tuesday, September 27, 2011

10 Things You Didn't Need To Know

I got tagged by Robyn at Slightly More Depth Than a Teaspoon (squeal, someone tagged me!) so here is the top ten things you didn't know about me, all of which you probably don't want or need to know.

1. I am a little bit crazy, but it's ok because so is my husband so if he ever tries to pigeon hole me I can break out the mirror.

2. I am a dog lover, but secretly a cat person. I have shown my husband tiny little hints about this and he hasn't taken it well so I'm officially in the closet about this one. This is my baby kitty Ninja who was forced to live with my grandma and change her name to Sparkles.



 

3. I am lactose intolerant and tentatively diagnosed as gluten intolerant as well.

4. I am majorly stubborn; therefore number 3 is effectively ignored 100% if the time. As a result I can often be heard moaning "why am does my belly hurt and my skin welt after every bowl of cereal/cheese sandwich/ice-cream cone? Boohoo". 

5. My husband thinks I was a hippie in a past life. I have lefty views and I believe in the old ditty "if it's yellow, let it mellow - if it's brown, flush it down". 

6. The TV is on 98% of the day when we are home. It upsets me a lot but we have a tiny house and huge tv; the ratio of tv to house is about 1:2. It's very hard to have it off. It's like a family member, we can't ignore it! Last night I implemented a NO TV AT DINNER TIME rule, which my  husband quickly deviated to TV ON MUTE AT DINNER TIME, and I'm still annoyed about it. It drives me nuts that Axel can turn the TV on in the mornings before we get up, and we let him because it buys us 30 minutes in bed. Bad parenting! Stupid TV. 

7. I hate feet. Gross, man.

8. I have elaborate daydreams about all sorts of weird things, like alternate lives that I return to when I'm exercising or having sex. It's not like I am unhappy with what I've got - not at all! - but my pretend lives have lots going on. (In my defense, refer to 1.) 

9. I have this weird recurring dream of being on a beach and getting washed away by a giant wave. The circumstance - location, day or night, size of the wave, who I'm with, what I try to do - change endlessly, but the outcome is always the same. I've had this dream since primary school. 

10. I have a bit of a thing for Karl Stefanovic... And that concludes 10 weird things you didn't want to know about me.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! My Grandma was a big one for the 'if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown wash it down'.... now whenever I hear that I am reminded of her.... and I bet she would SO love that I associate her with that! :)

    ReplyDelete