Monday, September 12, 2011


My evil genius clever guy turned three last week, and I thought it was about time I got some stuff down for him to refer to in the future. I may or may not have watched The Notebook the other day, and may or may not be 100% convinced I'm going to succumb to Old Timer's one day. (Don't google the symptoms if you want to have an ordinary life free from paranoia.) 

So Axel, listen up! Here are some of mamma's tips on life, the universe and everything:


  • I know you really dig those Hotwheels cars, but baby they are sharp. Stop hiding them in the shag pile rug.
  • Your 10 month old cousin is not a turtle, so please stop trying to create her shell. She spends two days a week with us now, and you sure know how to stir her up just enough to make it look like you haven't done anything and she's a crazy baby.
  • I know about the stash of lollies in the bottom of your cupboard, I just haven't moved them yet because I like the peace and quiet they afford me when I'm blogging (see, I'm blogging).
  • I am so, so proud of your toilet achievements. I haven't had to buy nappies for a whole month! But we really have to get a better system going for when you need help with number 2s. I'm not sure what the bank guy thought last week when he was visiting and heard "MUM, WIPE MY BUM PLEASE!" echoing down the hall.
  • Oh, and on the subject of number 2s; kangarooing my toilet? Your dad's mates used to do that when they visited, but I sorted them out... I don't think I'm legally allowed to do the same to you, but I will think of something if this keeps up:   


All that said, I am pretty peachy keen on having you around. I like the tricks you do; in particular the one where you pick the worst time to come and kiss the top of my head. You humble me kid. 

Stay cool x mum

No comments:

Post a Comment